Something About Me

My name is Brett Kittrell. I am a 19 year old Physical Education student at the University of South Alabama. I realized that teaching and coaching was what I wanted to do when I was 17. There are a lot of things about teaching that interest me, but coaching, football in particular is what I really want to do. The impact my coaches had on me was vital to me, and I want to have the same kind of impact on others. I am on track to graduate in the Spring of 2011. I desire to get my Master's degree in Sports Administration or something similar.

Purpose Of This Blog

The
purpose of this blog is to tell about the methods ans attitudes that I will use in my classroom and how I will use them. In the blog you will find how I intend to be an Educator of the Physical, how I intend to integrate technology, how I am going to be a role model and more. Hope you enjoy reading about my plans!


Thursday, October 23, 2008

Education of the Physical

As a P.E. teacher it is my desire to teach students about their bodies, its function, nutrition, proper diet, proper exercise and other important facts that will help them live a healthier life. In my opinion, today's society is lacking knowledge in a lot of these areas, hence the high obesity rate that has been reported in our country. It has been my desire to be a difference maker in young peoples lives. I feel that by giving the necessary information to make adjustments that will help them live a healthier and happier life is the best that I feel I can accomplish that goal. I know that I will not see instant results and success in the majority of my students, but I feel that as long as I do what I am able to do to help them then I will have a sense of satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment