Something About Me

My name is Brett Kittrell. I am a 19 year old Physical Education student at the University of South Alabama. I realized that teaching and coaching was what I wanted to do when I was 17. There are a lot of things about teaching that interest me, but coaching, football in particular is what I really want to do. The impact my coaches had on me was vital to me, and I want to have the same kind of impact on others. I am on track to graduate in the Spring of 2011. I desire to get my Master's degree in Sports Administration or something similar.

Purpose Of This Blog

The
purpose of this blog is to tell about the methods ans attitudes that I will use in my classroom and how I will use them. In the blog you will find how I intend to be an Educator of the Physical, how I intend to integrate technology, how I am going to be a role model and more. Hope you enjoy reading about my plans!


Thursday, October 23, 2008

Teach and Reward Hard Work

I have always been a believer of you get out of something what you put into it. There is a strong sense of apathy in high school today. No different than it was when I was in school. One of the biggest thing I got out of athletics was hard work. There is sense of pride when you earn something due to your hard work. When you see results of your effort you feel a sense of accomplishment. Whether your reward is more playing time during the season, a starting position or a good grade in the class room. I want my students and athletes to work hard. I want to challenge them to do their best and encourage them to do better. I never want to put a ceiling on a students abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment